Thursday, June 19, 2008

Antelope Canyon

I started early to beat the heat and drove to Kayenta then picked up Route 160 through the Navajo Reservation to Route 98 and made it to Antelope Canyon outside of Page, Arizona around 10:30 a.m. I was able to get a ticket for the 11:00 a.m. "Photograph's Tour" of Upper Antelope Canyon and stayed there photographing for about an hour before the dust and crowds drove me back to my hot car. I drove across the road to Lower Antelope Canyon and purchased a four-hour photography pass and had the place to myself. There was perfect light flowing into the canyon around this time and I stayed in the canyon photographing until around 4 p.m. I had driven out West to see these spectacular canyons and I was so glad I had made the trip.








I took these last two photos in Lower Antelope Canyon which is much better for photographers than the more crowded Upper Antelope Canyon. The day I visited the perfect light lasted from 2-4 p.m.


I drove over the Lake Powell and had my kayak inspected for Zebra Mussels and got my permit to launch. I decided to rent a 19-foot boat to take me and my kayak out past Warm Creek Bay. It was a great view from the shore.

No comments: