Friday, October 9, 2009

Fall Foliage in the Adirondacks


It was a rainy, overcast day in the Adirondacks but the colors were still magnificent. I drove up from New York to Lake George on the New York State Thruway then took Route 9N along Lake George.


I drove on Route 73 to Lake Placid with a side trip to Route 9 where I got this excellent shot of a waterfall on the Ausable River.


Glowing orange leaves along Route 73 in the Keene Valley.


Closeup of a caterpillar chewing a green leaf.


Closeup shot of milkweed pods.


Early morning dew on fall leaves in the Adirondacks.


Birch tree with fall foliage.


Macro of wildflowers along Route 73 in the Adirondacks.


White birch tree with yellow leaves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures. I will come to the Adirondacks for the first time this Saturday. I've waited years for this visit.